Saturday, September 1, 2007

UH 63 - 6 over Northern Colorado

Offense: Like I said in my previous post, the UH offense picked right up where it left off. Colt only played the first half completing 34-40 passes and 6 TDs with 400+ yds. Add on a kick off return and a punt return later for good measure.

Defense: The defense shutdown Northern Colorado keeping them on their side of the field most of the game. UH just seemed to be stronger than the NC players. Their hitting was crisp and made good one on one tackles. Not many missed tackles from what I saw.

My one worry during and after the game was the lack of rushing (Brennan was the leading rusher) to compliment the passing game. The shuffle passes were good to take the place of running plays, but I would have felt better if they showed that they could run the ball with Pilares or Farmer.

Former RB Nate Ilaoa had almost 1000 yards rushing last year and was good enough for opponents to respect the run. I just hope someone or the RBBC can prevent opponents from just keying on stopping the pass.

UH leaves wednesday for road games at Louisiana Tech and Nevada-Las Vegas.

No comments: